Number 14 on the list. This record is terrible. I know why Lou Reed has legend status because of the Velvet Underground. They were first. They were incredible. The Velvet Underground were probably one of the best things ever. But I challenge anybody to listen to "I Wanna Be Black" and not feel totally embarrassed for Lou Reed. This is a truly bad record.
Assholier Than Thou
Home to Four Different WCSB Cleveland 89.3 FM Radio Shows (The Big Billy Porkchop Show [98-99]/Assholier Than Thou [99-05]/Sunday and Monday Morning Jazz and Blues Radio Show [09-25])
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Lou Reed - Street Hassle (Arista, 1978)
In March, 2014, Uncut named its 50 Greatest American Punk Albums: 1975 - 1983. I am listening to one a day and making comments.
Number 14 on the list. This record is terrible. I know why Lou Reed has legend status because of the Velvet Underground. They were first. They were incredible. The Velvet Underground were probably one of the best things ever. But I challenge anybody to listen to "I Wanna Be Black" and not feel totally embarrassed for Lou Reed. This is a truly bad record.
Number 14 on the list. This record is terrible. I know why Lou Reed has legend status because of the Velvet Underground. They were first. They were incredible. The Velvet Underground were probably one of the best things ever. But I challenge anybody to listen to "I Wanna Be Black" and not feel totally embarrassed for Lou Reed. This is a truly bad record.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment